Gear up for the holiday weekend with barbecues and Fourth of July festivities… including fireworks!
Here are some events where you can find some excellent fireworks displays in the area all weekend:
▪ ▪ Bond County Fourth Fest — 5-11 pm Friday, July 1, and 1-11 pm Saturday, July 2. Downtown Greenville. Live music, food, rides and fireworks. Learn more at myfourthfest.com.
▪ ▪ Fair St. Louis — Noon to 10 pm Saturday, July 2 through Monday, July 4. St. Louis. Fair Saint Louis brings people together from across the country to celebrate America’s Biggest Birthday Party. The fair is three days of world-class live entertainment across Kiener Plaza and Ballpark Village, family attractions, hands-on STEM activities, delicious food, breathtaking fireworks, and a guarantee of summertime fun. Every year we build on our success and traditions, innovating to expand and connect with our community in new And relevant ways. The Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular takes place against iconic substrates of the mighty Mississippi River and the breathtaking Gateway Arch Monday, July 4, at approximately 9:30 pm fairsaintlouis.org
▪ ▪ 2022 Fireworks Spectacular Dam Jam — 1 pm Saturday, July 2. Carlyle Lake, Carlyle. Enjoy a full day of live music ending with a fireworks display shot off from point 1. The fireworks can be viewed by boat over beautiful Carlyle Lake or on the Bring your coolers, lawn chairs, blankets and swim suits and enjoy the whole day. Volleyball tournaments, sand castle building contest, live music, vendors, games and more. Carlylelake.com
▪ ▪ Edwardsville’s Annual Fireworks — 4-11 pm Saturday, July 2. Edwardsville American Legion Post # 199, 58 S. State Route 157, Edwardsville. Food served starting at 4 pm Parking available at the schools and Eden Church with shuttle bus provided. The Municipal Band performs at 7 pm with fireworks to follow. No pets, no outside fireworks, no outside food or beverages, no coolers. facebook.com/events/789319075566707
▪ ▪ The Illinois Black Woodstock Festival — 2 pm Sunday, July 3 to 8 pm Monday, July 4. 8221 State St., East St. Louis. Putting a spin on the infamous Woodstock theme over 50-100 solidified Black-owned businesses. Enthusiasts travel from around the world for commerce, family fun, history making speakers, live performances and a fireworks show (8 pm Monday) that you do not want to miss. Free and open to the public. blkwoodstock.com
▪ ▪ Albers Blast-Off Parade & Fireworks — 4-11: 45 pm Sunday, July 3. Village of Albers. Festivities include a parade at 6:30 pm and fireworks at 9 pm facebook.com/events/1024660238177674
▪ ▪ Fireworks Over O’Fallon — Dusk (approximately 8:30 pm) Sunday, July 3. O’Fallon Family Sports Park, O’Fallon. Fireworks will be launched near the west entrance of the park. Spectators are asked to park only in designated parking areas. No parking in the grass or side of roadways in the Sports Park. Restrooms near the Splash Pad and north side of the park will be open. 618-624-0139.
▪ ▪ Alton Fireworks Spectacle — 9:30 pm Sunday, July 3. Liberty Bank Alton Amphitheater, 1 Riverfront Drive, Alton. Enjoy live entertainment on the Liberty Bank Amphitheater stage before the real show begins in the Alton night sky. The US Air Force Band will be performing from 5: 30-9: 30 pm 618-465-6676.
▪ ▪ Mascoutah annual 4th of July Picnic — 4-9 pm Monday, July 4. Scheve Park, Hartnett Street and Harper Road, Mascoutah. Fun for the whole family with bounce houses, food and drinks, music. Fireworks start at 9:30 pm mascoutah .org
▪ ▪ City of Highland Fireworks Display & Special Event — 5-9 pm Monday, July 4. Korte Recreation Center, 1 Nagel Drive, Highland. Celebrate the Fourth with food trucks, drink vendors and live music in front of the Korte Rec Center (weather permitting) ) before the evening’s fireworks display.
▪ ▪ City of Troy Annual Fireworks — 6-9 pm Monday, July 4. Tri Township Park, 410 Wickliffe, Troy. Featuring live music by Burnin’Bridges, food trucks, games and more. Fireworks start at 9 pm Free admission.
▪ ▪ Colossal Fireworks Display at Valmeyer Mid-Summer Celebration — 9 pm Monday, July 4. Borsch Park, Valmeyer. Come see one of the best fireworks displays around presented by the Valmeyer Area Jaycees in Borsch Park. There will be baseball and music going on during the day as well as great food and ice cold refreshments. facebook.com/valmeyermidsummerclassic
▪ ▪ Annual Godfrey Fireworks — 9:15 pm Monday, July 4. Robert E. Glazebrook Community Park, 1401 Stamper Lane, Godfrey. People can start parking at 6:30 pm Fireworks start at 9:15 pm Free admission.