Now the sun has finally got his hat on, eager holidaymakers across the UK are rushing to book their seaside resort breaks for the summer.
That’s according to Majestic Tours –one of the Westcountry’s largest and most well-loved holiday tour companies traveling to the best of the UK’s resorts and attractions.
The family-run firm’s new brochure features hundreds of great value breaks, so it’s no wonder business has been brisk.
Ian Evans from Majestic said: “We’re very busy but after a challenging couple of years, it’s really great to be back in that situation-and it seems our loyal customers are just as excited to be traveling with us once again.
“Our passengers booked for Bournemouth say they can’t wait to go to Beaulieu Motor Museum to see the cars, gadgets and costumes from the most recent James Bond film, including Bond’s iconic silver Aston Martin DB5.
“Our visitors to the Isle of Wight are excited about seeing Queen Victoria’s favorite holiday home Osborne House, while the people going to the Lake District love the serenity of the area, the included cruise on Lake Windermere, and scenic trip on the Settle-Carlisle Railway.
“For us at Majestic, the customers are always right and they know exactly what they like about the places they’re visiting. We’re there to ensure they get total entertainment and enjoyment from their break.”
So what are you waiting for? Book your UK summer break now with Majestic. To help you decide where to go, Ian has revealed some of this year’s most popular Majestic Tours seaside resort holidays. Which ones take your fancy?
A warm welcome always awaits you in Torquay. This traditional yet thriving seaside town set on Devon’s English Riviera coast was a top trending UK holiday destination in 2021 and it’s easy to see why.
With its iconic palm trees, busy harbour, international marina, and wonderful array of continental style cafes, restaurants and cocktail bars, its attraction is obvious.
The Guardian described it as one of’Britain’s most booming seaside towns, undergoing a style revival with Michelin-starred restaurants and swanky yachts’. You only have to stroll along the seafront or the promenade to see this is true.
One of Torquay’s most popular hotels is the fantastic Majestic Templestowe, pictured aboveOwned by Majestic for over 30 years, it boasts some of the best nightly entertainment in the bay, famously friendly staff and a brilliant atmosphere. Majestic clients often visit several times over 12 months to experience the many seasonal themes at the hotel and then return. year after year.
Ian said: “We’re so proud of the fantastic reputation we’ve built up over the years. We urge prospective guests to check the customer reviews on TripAdvisor that have helped the Majestic Templestowe Hotel to be awarded Travelers Choice for another year.”
• Fantastic nightly entertainment
• Award-winning hotel –Travelers Choice Award 2021 from TripAdvisor; winner of Lux Life Magazine: Best Torquay Entertainment Hotel; winner of the UK Southern Business Award For Best South West Entertainment Hotel 2018
• Sun terrace and heated pool
• Included excursions on its coach holidays
• Themed holidays throughout the year
• FREE BAR on May to October holidays
Majestic Templestowe Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights, from £ 349.99 or 4 Days, 3 Nights from £ 259.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Torquay holiday.
Blackpool and the illuminations
If you haven’t been to Blackpool during the illuminations, you’re missing a unique experience. It really is a joy to behold, with miles of glorious lights and figurines, as well as fully decorated illuminated trams. There’s nothing quite like it in the world.
• Seafront hotels
• Nightly entertainment, such as cabaret, comedy, dancing, music and laughter
• Full excursion programme including a trip to the delightful Lake District
The Seafront Carousel Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights only £ 289.99
The Tiffany’s Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights only £ 299.99
The Bedford Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights only £ 229.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Blackpool holiday.
Great Yarmouth & the Norfolk Broads
The Seafront Palm Court Hotel is one of Great Yarmouth’s premier family-run hotels, overlooking the sea and the famous golden sands.
It provides a friendly warm welcome in recently surroundings and is renowned for its excellent food, making this the first choice holiday for many of Majestic’s clients.
Laze away a warm afternoon on the sheltered sun deck or, if you’re feeling a little more energetic, swim in the heated indoor pool. The hotel is proud to provide a very relaxed atmosphere with a variety of light entertainment.
• Seafront hotel
• Entrance included to Sandringham (subject to Royal Residency)
• Full excursion programme including a Mississippi Paddle Boat Cruise on the Norfolk Broads
Seafront Palm Court Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights only £ 399.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Great Yarmouth & the Norfolk Broads holiday.
With seven miles of golden sands and sparkling sea, the vibrant cosmopolitan town of Bournemouth has it all. Take time to explore the vast variety of shops, restaurants and beautiful award-winning gardens.
• Seafront hotel
• Entrance included to Beaulieu House and the National Motor Museum featuring the James Bond’No Time To Die’ exhibition with vehicles, props and gadgets from Bond’s latest film
• Salisbury, Corfe and Swanage
The Oceana Suncliff Hotel: 5 Days, 4 nights from £ 319.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Bournemouth holiday.
Brighton has so much to see. The Royal Pavilion, pictured abovewith its Indian domes, minarets and Chinese style interior, as well as the historic’Lanes’ shopping area –a maze of twisting little alleyways with quirky little shops selling everything from antiques and jewellery to designer labels.
Other attractions include SEA LIFE Brighton, the pier, parks and gardens, and i360, the world’s tallest moving observation tower (entrances not included).
• Hotel opposite Brighton Pier
• Full excursion programme including Arundel, Chichester and Worthing
Royal Albion Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights, from £ 279.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Brighton holiday.
Isle of Wight
Find your perfect holiday on the stunning Isle of Wight. Begin your break with a leisurely drive to the south coast of Hampshire and set sail from Southampton for a scenic crossing of the Solent to East Cowes on the Isle of Wight.
• Entrance included to Queen Victoria’s Osborne House, pictured abovevisiting the palatial staterooms, gardens and private beach
• Full excursion programme includes The Needles at Alum Bay, Newport and Godshill
Staying at a choice of three hotels –Broadway Park Hotel, Royal Pier or Hotel Shanklin: 5 Days, 4 Nights, from £ 239.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Brighton holiday.
Still the South Coast’s most popular resort, Eastbourne was voted Britain’s number one holiday-friendly destination in a survey by Virgin Money Travel Insurance. Whether enjoying a stroll on the famous flower-decked promenade or taking in the magnificent coastal landmarks, Eastbourne is the perfect place to take a break from routine.
• Full excursion programme includes Brighton, Battle, Hastings and the historic Lewes
Staying at a choice of three hotels –The Cumberland, The Burlington, and the Afton: 5 Days, 4 Nights from £ 279.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Eastbourne holiday.
Llandudno recently came second in the annual survey of the best seaside resorts in Britain by consumer group Which? The resort was given five stars for its seafront, scenery and value for money.
Travel writer Bill Bryson’s has said that it’s his favorite seaside resort, with its elegant promenade and array of pastel-coloured hotels. The fantastic sweep of the bay is overlooked by the mighty Great Orme.
• Seafront hotels
• Excursion to Portmeirion. Entrance is included to explore this unique Italian-style village, famous for being the setting of the 60’s cult TV series’The Prisoner’
• Enjoy a wonderful scenic day in Snowdonia, through the Vale of Conwy and the lovely village of Betws-y-Coed
• Excursion to beautiful Chester, famous for its black and white half-timbered buildings, Roman walls, cosmopolitan atmosphere and shopping
Chatsworth House Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights from £ 299.99 or 7 Days, 6 Nights only £ 459.99
Llandudno Grand Hotel: 5 Day, 4 Nights from £ 279.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Llandudno holiday.
It was voted’One of the Nation’s Favorite Seaside Towns’ in the prestigious Which? Holiday Survey and’Best Family Holiday Destination’ by readers of COAST magazine.
Majestic customers always enjoy great value holidays in the friendly Sandy Lodge Hotel. Located close to the seafront, the hotel features comfortable en-suite bedrooms and great customer care.
• Excursions include visits to St Ives and Padstow (on the five-day holiday)
• Chance to visit the world-famous Eden Project with its stunning Biomes (entrance approx £ 20)
Sandy Lodge Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights only £ 299.99 or 4 Days, 3 Nights from £ 169.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Newquay holiday.
England’s first seaside resort, this favorite of the Victorians retains all its charm and character. Italian-garden walks, golden beaches, an elegant spa, summer theater and a historic harbour all provide a host of ways to laze the days away.
• Excursions include trips to the fabulous historic York, North Yorkshire Moors and Castle Howard
• Optional excursion to Castle Howard, One of the Top Ten Greatest Mansions & Grand Houses in the World (entrance approx £ 25)
The Royal Hotel: 5 Days, 4 Nights, from £ 209.99
Click here for dates, prices, and to book your Scarborough holiday.
Your holiday booking in safe hands
When you book your holiday with Majestic, your money is placed into the Majestic Clients Account, held with its bankers, Barclays.
Under the Governmental rulings laid down in Package Travel Regulations, your monies cannot be transferred to Majestic until you’ve completed your holiday.
In fact, during the Covid lockdown, Majestic refunded over £ 3million in clients’ holiday payments within two weeks of cancelling holidays. Peace of mind indeed.
Find out more?
For further information about these tours, brochure requests, and more, call Majestic on 01626 770246, from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm. Bookings can also be made online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at www.majestictours. co.uk